Turkey Dry Rub Recipes For Smoking (Breast & Wing)
Is Christmas approaching? Are you finding thanksgiving food for meat lovers? Turkey rub is the best food but it can become more delicious if it is cooked in a smoker. Turkey rub with bread sauce is considered the best Christmas dinner among meat-eaters.
Turkey bird is similar to chicken in many cases but you must not confuse Turkey as a chicken. Turkey is comparatively larger in size and is kept in farms for cooking purposes. Chicken recipes have become common these days but on special days like Christmas, Turkeys are highly preferred.
Rubbing refers to the application of mixed spices on uncooked food by rubbing over it. In a Turkey rub recipe for smokers, you must mix spices well and then rub them over the skin of Turkey. This is the source of enhancement of the natural flavors of Turkey.
Turkey Rub Recipe for Smokers
Turkey rubs can be prepared in many ways. They can be deep-fried and even used in curries. To prepare tasty turkey rubs for smokers, you must keep some instructions in your mind.
- Proper cleaning of turkey is very necessary.
- Removal of neck and giblets from Turkey.
- Cleaning of smokers.
- Proper preheating of smokers.
- The temperature of the smoker must be 250 degrees Fahrenheit before smoking.
- Use of an internal thermometer to check meat temperature.
There are many types of smokers. You can use an electric smoker, charcoal smoker, or gas smoker as well. In order to preheat your smoker, you must check guide books.
There are many ways of preparing Turkey rub and you can use various ingredients in it. Some of the necessary ingredients are;
- Whole Turkey
- 3 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoon dried sage
- 2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
There are some important steps you should follow.
- Cleaning of turkey is the first step. You must wash it properly and remove the giblets of it.
- Spice mixing should be done properly. Spices are the real asset of turkey rub. If any of the above-mentioned spices will be absent, you would be unable to get the real taste.
- Rubbing is the next step. You must rub all the spices over uncooked Turkey, over the skin, and under the skin of it.
- The heating of smokers should be done by opening its lid and setting it to “smoke”.
- The temperature should be 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Marination of spices should be done for 30 minutes. In this way, rubbed spices will get absorbed into Turkey’s flesh and will make it tastier from inside.
- Grilling should be done until the temperature of Turkey will rise to 165 degrees.
- Thermometer insertion would be done to check the internal temperature of the meat. You must insert this thermometer into the thickest part of the thigh of Turkey. Mostly the upper surface gets grilled quickly while the thickest parts remain uncooked.
- Oiling should be done after your Turkey will get cooked. You can put butter on it as well as the gravy of Turkey, while grilling, can also be applied on it.
- Cutting of grilled Turkey should be done after 15 minutes. This will help the spices and oil get set on Turkey.